Our goal as the ESIO is to help producers progress using various programs and then to use The Elevation Program as a tool when there is a unique opportunity to jump forward. Consideration should be made by the applicant as to which projects in their portfolio constitute that unique opportunity that will change their career.
Projects funded through this program must increase economic activity and align with at least one of the following goals:
- increase the number of Edmonton producers
- increase the skill level, exposure, and experience of producers in Edmonton
In addition, there are two key objectives that must be achieved and will be a substantial part of the grading process.
Objective 1: Level up
Levelling up could be measured by a change in:
- Type: first feature-length film; first web series; first series; first service production
- Budget: under $500,000; $500,000 – $1 million; $1 million – $3 million; above $3 million
- Format: animation, documentary, scripted
- Innovation: must impact skill level of producer (such as first use of tech)
The levelling up should be a meaningful jump forward in someone’s career. It should also feel like the next logical step in their overall career path. Projects that are similar to ones done in a producer’s past, or projects that are too ambitious will not be competitive.
Objective 2: Sustained Local Industry Impact
Applications will be assessed in respect to how the project and the levelling up will ultimately change the Edmonton ecosystem. The applicant should demonstrate how the project would open future opportunities that would constitute a meaningful, sustained impact to the local ecosystem. Not all applications will have such a clear path to impact; however, producers should demonstrate how the application project is a key step in building a career that will have significant value to Edmonton, its crewbase, and the industry as a whole.
Ready to apply?
Application Deadline: 11:59 PM (MT) on February 26, 2024