Applications are now closed. Follow us on social media to learn more about future offerings,
Market Access Grants are available to:
- enterprises with a principal office in the Edmonton metro region that have been resident and operational for a minimum of one year; or,
- individuals with professional screen media content creation experience or expertise who have been resident in the Edmonton metro region for a minimum of one year.
Applicants must be in good standing with the ESIO and the City of Edmonton.
Exceptions may be considered, please contact [email protected] to discuss prior to completing the application.
Applicants may apply to receive a Market Access Grant to attend the same market for the same project that they have previously presented, but priority may be given to applicants going to new markets and/or presenting new projects.
Eligible projects must be 100%-owned, -controlled or -optioned by the applicant.
Initiatives that are outside of the day-to-day operations of an applicant will receive priority for funding.
- Projects that are primarily propaganda (false, exaggerated, or distorted ideas, visual material and statements typically used for a political purpose)
- Interactive digital media projects that do not have an interactive element (for example, e-publications, catalogues and compilations of re-purposed material without value-added content)
- Projects that promote cruelty, sexual violence or sexual exploitation
- Projects which contain elements that are pornographic, obscene, indecent or contain child pornography or are considered hate speech within the meaning of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Projects that are libelous or in any way unlawful
- 75% of virtual or in-person event registration fees
- 75% of return trip travel costs to in-person events, inclusive of air and ground transportation
- 75% of accommodation costs
- Per diem at a maximum of $50 per day per attendee
- 75% of pitch material costs
Other costs may be considered, subject to pre-approval. Contact [email protected] to discuss prior to completing the application.
Only arms-length, third-party costs are eligible.
Activities must occur between January 15 and August 31, 2024.
- Project costs, such as costs incurred during the development, production and release phases of film and television projects and costs incurred during the concept, prototype, development and marketing phases of an interactive digital media project
- Activities for which the applicant has already received funding, or a commitment for funding, from the ESIO
- Activities for which the applicant has already received funding, or a commitment for funding, from another grant source, unless the activity is not fully funded by that source
- Controlled substances
- Pre-paid cards
- Hospitality costs
- GST will not be reimbursed if the applicant has a GST number.
- Costs for which the applicant has received, or will receive, non-repayable funding
Applicants must submit a separate application form for each market. Applicants may indicate a priority order for multiple submissions; however, applications that best align with the program goals may be chosen over the applicants’ priority choices. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Based on a variety of factors, including the number of high-quality applications, the ESIO may not fund 100% of a request.
Successful applicants will be notified approximately one month after the closing date.
Any questions regarding eligibility, the application process or application assessment can be submitted to [email protected].
Any concerns related to the application process or assessment or with client services can be submitted to [email protected].