ALL FUNDING PROGRAMS
The ESIO can invest in your screen media project or venture, assist with location scouting costs, furnish location rebates and contribute to marketing/consulting expenses.
A flexible fund with an investment-oriented perspective, no deadlines and the potential to contribute at any stage of your project or venture.Key highlights
- Invests in audiovisual and interactive digital media formats
- Invests in projects or ventures
- Equity investments
- Available to local or guest enterprises
The Early Stage Project Grants are a special program providing micro grants to assist with third-party costs incurred during the initial planning phase of a project.Key highlights
- Awards are limited to $1,500 CAD.
- Designed to support third-party costs at the beginning of a project.
- Multiple applications may be submitted.
Grants for local Edmonton Metro companies and individuals to support the screen media ecosystem.Key highlights
- Funding is in the form of a non-repayable grant.
- Applications up to $10,000 will be considered.
- For Edmonton-based screen media companies and individuals.
Gil Cardinal was a beloved Edmonton Indigenous filmmaker. Every year, an emerging Alberta Indigenous filmmaker is chosen to receive a cash award plus in-kind services from the National Film Board of Canada Northwest Studio. These are to assist them to make a demo for their first feature film, short film, documentary film or program, television program or series, web program or series or VR experience.Key highlights
- For emerging Alberta indigenous filmmakers
- Cash prize and in-kind services
- Indpendent jury
The Industry Organization grant is a micro-grant program supporting organizations such as non-profits, educational institutions, established student groups and industry trade organizations to deliver high-impact programs and services with a demonstrable community need to stakeholders that are primarily engaged in the creation of screen media content and based in Edmonton.Key highlights
- Awards up to $2,000
- Third-party costs and verifiable operations costs covered
- Designed to deliver high-impact programs and services
Edmonton has urban and rural locations in the studio zone and some of the most eclectic architecture to be found anywhere.Key highlights
- Reimbursement of the costs of local transportation, meals and accommodation
- Assistance with the costs of a local locations person for up to three days
- Assistance with applying for location permits
The new Start Alberta Deal Flow Platform joins more than 40 other tech startup ecosystem solutions, including the UK, France, Berlin and Amsterdam.Key highlights
- Creators, companies, and entrepreneurs can build their presence.
- Access to accelerators and funding opportunities for Alberta companies.
- Encourages investors to seek out Edmontonian talent and projects.