ALL FUNDING PROGRAMS
The ESIO can invest in your screen media project or venture, assist with location scouting costs, furnish location rebates and contribute to marketing/consulting expenses.
A flexible fund with an investment-oriented perspective, no deadlines and the potential to contribute at any stage of your project or venture.Key highlights
- Invests in audiovisual and interactive digital media formats
- Invests in projects or ventures
- Provides loans or equity investments
- Available to local or guest enterprises
Grants for local Edmonton enterprises to help cover the costs of business consultation, training, software & equipment, marketing, and networking.Key highlights
- Funding is in the form of a grant.
- Applications up to $10,000 will be considered.
- For Edmonton-based screen media enterprises.
Edmonton has urban and rural locations in the studio zone and some of the most eclectic architecture to be found anywhere.Key highlights
- Reimbursement of the costs of local transportation, meals and accommodation
- Assistance with the costs of a local locations person for up to three days
- Assistance with applying for location permits
Gil Cardinal was a beloved Edmonton Indigenous filmmaker. Every year, an emerging Alberta Indigenous filmmaker is chosen to receive a cash award plus in-kind services from the National Film Board of Canada Northwest Studio. These are to assist them to make a demo for their first feature film, short film, documentary film or program, television program or series, web program or series or VR experience.Key highlights
- For emerging Alberta indigenous filmmakers
- Cash prize and in-kind services
- Indpendent jury