Learn foundational Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) concepts in an interactive and engaging way. This workshop covers introductory concepts that anyone at any level of experience can enjoy and is especially helpful for those curious about EDI.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define equity, diversity, inclusion, oppression, privilege, unconscious bias, and allyship.
- Explain why EDI and equitable practices are important in the workplace.
- Reflect on areas in their life where they may be relying on unconscious bias.
- Understand how bias and oppression exist in the workplace, and generally.
- Be given concrete steps to take on how to be an ally and tips on gaining the confidence to do so.