TITLE : Locations Officer
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time – Permanent
REPORTS TO: CEO
SALARY: Range starting at $70,000
POSTING DATE: January 20, 2020
CLOSING DATE: February 14, 2020
TARGET START DATE: April 1, 2020
The Edmonton Screen Industries Office (ESIO) is a not-for-profit organization that has been established to help lead
Edmonton in becoming a national and international centre for screen media production excellence. The ESIO is currently
seeking to fill the role of Locations Officer. Reporting to the CEO, the Locations Officer is responsible for the execution of
ESIO film/TV production and interactive digital media locations programs.
• Promotion, outreach and awareness of the Edmonton metro region as a prime location for the
production or manufacture of screen media.
• Act as the first point of contact for film/TV production location support.
• Liaise with Edmonton Civic Events department regarding film licensing and city services as well as
facilitating access to municipally owned locations.
• Actively market screen media production and manufacturing locations in the Edmonton metro
• Actively market screen media goods and services in the Edmonton metro jurisdiction.
• Generate and oversee location locations program budgets and deliverables.
• Liaise with industry stakeholders to gather and compile data and feedback on screen media activity in
the Edmonton metro region.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships within the screen media sector and the Edmonton metro
• Interface and coordinate with peers in Calgary, provincially and federally.
• Develop databases that serve the needs of the Edmonton screen media sector.
• Oversight and supervision of certain program activities, costs and volunteers.
• Regularly track and report statistics on Edmonton screen media economic activity.
• Supervision of research initiatives and publishing of surveys and reports.
- Edmonton Screen Friendly Program
- Edmonton film production location scouting program
- Edmonton film production location rebate program
- The Reelscout online locations platform
- Edmonton screen media goods and services directory
- Inbound and outbound familiarization tours
- Location expos and screen media conferences
- Green screen initiatives
• Post-secondary education in a relevant field of study, or combination of education and experience in the
film/TV locations scouting field.
• Minimum of three years of film/TV location scouting experience.
• Strong communication skills– both written and oral.
• Great interpersonal skills and an understanding of effective sales techniques.
• Strong project supervision skills and methodology.
• Expert at problem solving and creative thinking.
• Superb analytical and organization skills.
Interested candidates email resume and cover letter to: Josh Miller at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer. The ESIO encourages diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.